if u ask me what book I’m reading i’ll either go into a long winded and enthusiastic summary of the entire thing or just lift the book to show u the title and keep reading
Usually it’s the latter.
Words to keep inside your pocket:
- Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade - a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral - lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux - a love letter.
- Redamancy - act of loving in return.
“Buying books is immensely comforting. Maybe I won’t read them immediately, but they make me feel so much better whenever I’m sad and blue. Just their presence, it’s like having more to look forward to.”
This is my addiction.
(Source: mommacita, via lookatallthelovelychaos)
Shady Characters: The Secret Life of Punctuation, Symbols & Other Typographical Marks by Keith Houston
Amazon ‽ Barnes & Noble @ iBookstore # Indiebound † Powell’s
"With zeal and rigor, Keith Houston cracks open the &, the #, the †, and more—all the little matryoshka dolls of meaning that make writing work. Inside, we meet novelists, publishers, scholars, and scribes; we range from ancient Greeks to hashtagged tweets; and we see the weird and wonderful foundations of the most successful technology of all time."
—ROBIN SLOAN, author of Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore
(Source: shadycharacters.co.uk, via dumbledoresgirlthroughandthrough)
I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED THE MOST AMAZING YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Yo, what’s good? Thug Notes is yo main hookup for classical literature summary and analysis. Maybe you’ve read the Cliffs Notes. Maybe you even read the book…
P.S. It’s called Thug Notes.